|REMAINING STEPS (items with * include public comment periods)|
|BUILDING||Letters of Interest||Summer 2013||Township Committee will ask developers whether they are interested and request information on qualifications and design ideas.|
|Requests for Proposals||Fall 2013||Township has indicated that proposals will be reviewed without public comment during a roughly 90-day period toward the end of the year. Stated goal is to choose a proposal and developer by the end of 2013.|
|US Post Office closes||November 2013||US Post Office lease expires.|
|Implementation||TBD—early 2014?||Township sells land to developer, signs development agreement. Development plans submitted to Planning Board and Construction office for approval.|
|Related documents can be found here. Explanation of terms.
This schedule and other information can be found here:
- Fall 2011: Rehabilitation Study Published
- Jan & Feb 2012: Public Forum to collect ideas from public for post office site
- Feb 2013: Public Forum, Paul Grygiel, Redevelopment Plan author, shares ideas being considered for inclusion in document
- February 2013: Columbia University Study “Re-thinking Maplewood” published on town website Patch coverage
- May 2013: Redevelopment Plan Draft document published on town website
- May 14th: Public Planning Board meeting to discuss draft. Village Alliance, one citizen, and one group of four citizens provide comments
- May 28th: Public Planning Board meeting to continue discussion, several additional comments received. Memo sent to Township Committee.
- June 5th: Township Committee meeting: changes during May reviewed, document writer asked to incorporate in revision. Engage Maplewood presented preliminary results of Petition requesting public forum for presentation of plan. No response from Township Committee regarding petition. Patch coverage
- June 10th: Incorporated changes agreed to during May into Final Draft Document.
- June 18th: Comments by General Public to the Township Committee regarding the new draft of document. Patch coverage
- July 2nd: Introduction of draft, first step in approval. Comments by General Public. Draft will be sent to Planning Board meeting 7/9/13 Patch coverage
- July 9th: Planning Board reviewed and approved updated draft.
- July 16th: Township Committee approved the plan by a 5-0 vote.